Are you a fan of almond milk? Rather than buying industrially processed almond milk from the grocery store, how about making it fresh at home? Grocery almond milks are often loaded with preservatives and thickeners–wouldn't you prefer something simpler and more natural? A slow juicer is an excellent way to make fresh almond milk in your kitchen.
- 250g of almonds
- 250ml of water
- In a bowl, soak almonds in a bowl of water overnight or for 6-8 hours. This makes the nuts softer for optimal juicing.
- Pour out the water and rinse the almonds. Add back fresh water into the bowl.
- Turn on your slow juicer and use a ladle to spoon in almonds and water (equal parts) into the juicer.
- Keep going until you've put in all the almonds and water.
- Watch the nuts turn into milk and let it flow out.
- Pour yourself a glass and enjoy!