Making tofu at home may seem daunting at first, but the process is easier than you think especially with your Hurom juicer. Follow these easy steps to make all-natural and healthy tofu at the comfort of your home.
- 300g of soy beans
- 1 tbsp of coagulant/natural bittern
- Soak beans in bowl of water for about a day. Allow the ingredients to soak until they appear 2-3 times larger than before.
- Put together Hurom juicer’s topset with a fine strainer. Close the juice cap, and close the pulp control lever.
- To extract, add soaked beans and filtered water at 1:1 ratio. Add all ingredients to the juicer and extract.
- For additional taste, you may add chopped vegetable of your choice (e.g. carrot, spinach) and add to the juicer in step (3).
- When adding the last scoop of ingredients, half-open the control lever to release the compressed pulp.
- In a boiling pan (or sauce pan), pour out the “juice” (or extracted beans) and boil with medium heat. Stir to prevent burning.
- When the content of (6) boils up, turn off the heat. Slowly add bittern to the pot as you continue to stir.
- Pour tofu into a tofu press or muslin cloth. Compress to remove liquids and form a hard shape.